Many of us are long been planning to read Jane Austen’s classic novels, but at some point we couldn’t sustain the kick of browsing through it. Or probably you’ve read and/or saw any of the books/films already, but would like to revive the Austen feel. With these, we’re starting our own version of The Jane Austen Book Club. But from what’s told in the film or in the book, we’ll have a few refinement and we’ll do the following:
- We’ll be reading the same title each month
- We’ll write about the novel of the month in our own sites and specifically mention about our favorite chapter, scene, quote or anything that struck us most
- Link back the first Jane Austen-related novel post to this announcement and submit the link to your entry through the comment section
- All the posts/links will be summarized monthly and we can have our sort of Q & A for that
- Anyone may participate in the monthly virtual meet up
- I’m dedicating a page for the book club to include the schedule of novels to be read + the screenshot of the primary website (header) of the members. It will be updated accordingly, i.e. when there’s a new joiner, etc. Click here to see the page.
- Contests will be held after we’re done with the 4th and 8th (final) novels.
Jane (yeah, that’s you!), are you ready? We’re reading Persuasion for the month of August. You may submit your entries until midnight of August 31, 2008 pacific time. The rounds up/ virtual meet will be the next day.
Jane Austen e-books can be downloaded here.