Jan

honest scarp award

(This is supposedly titled Honest Scrap Award. I changed it as a cue to the main content of this entry.) Thanks, again to Kreez of Intricate Thoughts for this award. She wrote,

This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion is brilliant.

Here are the rules:

When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real.

Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!

I decided to share 10 random honest things about me that you (those I personally and don’t personally know) probably haven’t figured out yet through your occasional visit to this blog:

(1) I don’t drink, I don’t smoke. But I’m a chocolate addict. I need to consume at least a piece daily. Chocolate is my version of beer or cigarette.
(2) I can stay wide awake for three days straight. With no aid of energy drink, etc. Remember the Kapampangan Tour? Who would have thought I only had less than an hour sleep before that. Not surprising for people who know me. On the other hand, I also oversleep when opportunity comes.
(3) I don’t easily cry. Struggles within don’t affect me much. But the sight of old people struggling tears me.
(4) I have fear of heights. But I’m trying to counter it. That’s why the first time I did ride in a cable car, my eyes were closed the whole time (and I occasionally screamed). Hence, I needed another ride, just to take photos because …..
(5) I love taking photographs. Of anything. My favorite subject is food.
(6) I prefer to observe women to men. When I’m out I’d miss a noticeable good looking dude, but never a smart and/or chica looking gal. But I’m 100% a woman, for your peace of mind. I’m not bothered by this oddity because I have a number of friends who are like that.  Therefore, I think that IS but normal.
(7) I can be maarte, sosyal, simple, bakya, slave, senorita, etc. Which ever is applicable. But my natural state is simple. I hardly wear make-ups and I’m most comfortable wearing tees, denim, and sneakers.
(8) I love to eat but I’m not very fond of cooking. I survive (and now spending more time) in the kitchen though.
(9) My favorite house chore is ironing clothes. It’s challenging. Every fabric needs an art to get straightened. It’s like dealing with people and other circumstances.
(10) My fondest childhood memory is being hugged by my grandmother while she tells me different stories. The most cherished hugs were whenever I’m sick. She hugs me to give me warmth when I’m chilling. In a baby talk like, I’d say, “Baka mahawa ka”. She’d respond, “Share tayo sa lagnat mo.”

I’m passing this award to the following:

Upto6only – A friend/former officemate who is a newbie in blogging. I find her efforts as a new blogger admirable.  I’m especially enjoying her photos.
Sheng – I’ve seen how her blog bloomed and continues to bloom. Her entries are good to read.
Jeanny – I particularly enjoy her cooking-related entries. I admire her continuous search for new recipes and sharing such to her readers after trying these.
BlogusVox – His entries are always a witty read.  And the cartoons are the best!
Bursky – I find his random babblings really amusing.
Kayni – One of the blogs that I visit regularly. I’ve told her this more than once, I admire the way she writes. It’s immensely coming from the heart.
Angeli – Though I don’t always leave a comment in her entries, I frequent her site because her writing is intelligent and gets me to real thinking.

Share/Save/Bookmark

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

22 Responses to “In case you haven't figured out”

Oh wow! Thanks JO! I will so do this. Thanks for the award, now, what can I add to the ten honest-to-goodness things you don’t know yet about me, hehe.

shengs last blog post..The Photographer’s Wife (1)

January 21st, 2009

thanks jo for the award. I’m so touched by it :) I now have to think 10 things about me. hehehe

January 21st, 2009

Hehehe. Thanks Ms.Jo. Inspired ako if I have readers like you. Two in a row na ito ah. Hindi pa ako nakakabawi. Thanks again!

BlogusVoxs last blog post..Buhay Buhangin (Sn 16)

January 21st, 2009

wow. thank you. :)

three nights without sleep? it made me think of your fave series. the guy (forgot his name) doesn’t have a bed for he doesn’t sleep!

January 21st, 2009

Im afraid of heights din but I am dying to try bungee jumping hehehe. Nice to know more thing about you.

and

Thanks for the award Wits. It’s such an honor to have an award from you….Again salamat;)

January 21st, 2009

ironing is one of the chores that could take me forever. you’re right, ironing different kind of fabrics is like dealing with different kinds of people. i am all for number 1. i’m still consuming my chocolate ornaments…lol.

January 21st, 2009

Hahaha. That’s Edward Cullen. Oo nga ‘no?

January 22nd, 2009

One of my biggest dreams is to bungee jump. Kaya lang sa cable car pa lang mahihimatay na ko. =)

January 22nd, 2009

Send me some of the choco ornaments. I’ll help you. Lol. Choco is one of our ‘best friends’. =)

January 22nd, 2009

I’ve seen your latest Buhay Buhangin entry. Tawa ko ng tawa. Sumisingit kase ko sa pila DATI. Heehee.

January 22nd, 2009

I’ll look forward to the 10 things that you’ll share. =)

January 22nd, 2009

I’ll see what you’ll share (more). Happy Thursday!

January 22nd, 2009

same tyo sa #5! kaya nung 1st time ko sa cable car sa HK, binuksan lang mga mata ko! tapos yung napilit naman ako sa ferris wheel sa EK, umiiyak ako sa picture ahahahah! :P

same din tyo sa chocolate. pero i try na medyo bawasan sya now. taas na ng sugar level ko (un ba tawag dun) hehe

dyanies last blog post..Surprise for Mama

January 22nd, 2009

i have a fear of heights too pero medyo n overcome ko na heheh, i hate ironing clothes mas favorite ko mag laba, lol

iluvgreens last blog post..awards and meme

January 23rd, 2009

congrats – well deserved :)

bws last blog post..What’s In It For Them ?

January 24th, 2009

Naalala ko yung Wheel of Fate moment ko, I was screaming to the max hahaha!

January 26th, 2009

My phobia is relative, when I’m in the plane it’s not coming naman. Pag open areas lang mas takot ako. Naku, I hardly like to wash clothes heehee.

January 26th, 2009

Thanks. :)

January 26th, 2009

…going backwards, blog after blog to trace the origins of the Honest Scrap Award…

February 6th, 2009

I’m with you on #6, I also observe women more than men. In fact, I totally ignore men. Hehehe :D

On #9, this is one chore that I never truly got to learn. My father’s very good at this but for some reason that skill never got passed on to me. Thus, all my clothes that need ironing are immediately hanged out to dry once I pull them out of the washing machine. :)

On #10, your entry was also about a memory of your beloved grandmother. The lola I wrote about passed away when I was four years old, two years after the little story I shared on my blog.

I don’t get to comment much on your blog but that’s mainly because of my work schedule. However, I always enjoy reading your entries whenever I do get the chance to stop by. For that, I decided to still hand you this award even if you already got it. Thanks again. :)

Panadeross last blog post..Awarded and Tagged Baker

February 8th, 2009

Haha. I’m not surprise you’re all for number 6. =) Thanks again for the award. Happy Monday!

February 9th, 2009

Let me know once you’ve traced it. =) Thanks for dropping by.

February 9th, 2009