(This is supposedly titled Honest Scrap Award. I changed it as a cue to the main content of this entry.) Thanks, again to Kreez of Intricate Thoughts for this award. She wrote,
This award is bestowed upon a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion is brilliant.
Here are the rules:
When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real.
Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!
I decided to share 10 random honest things about me that you (those I personally and don’t personally know) probably haven’t figured out yet through your occasional visit to this blog:
(1) I don’t drink, I don’t smoke. But I’m a chocolate addict. I need to consume at least a piece daily. Chocolate is my version of beer or cigarette.
(2) I can stay wide awake for three days straight. With no aid of energy drink, etc. Remember the Kapampangan Tour? Who would have thought I only had less than an hour sleep before that. Not surprising for people who know me. On the other hand, I also oversleep when opportunity comes.
(3) I don’t easily cry. Struggles within don’t affect me much. But the sight of old people struggling tears me.
(4) I have fear of heights. But I’m trying to counter it. That’s why the first time I did ride in a cable car, my eyes were closed the whole time (and I occasionally screamed). Hence, I needed another ride, just to take photos because …..
(5) I love taking photographs. Of anything. My favorite subject is food.
(6) I prefer to observe women to men. When I’m out I’d miss a noticeable good looking dude, but never a smart and/or chica looking gal. But I’m 100% a woman, for your peace of mind. I’m not bothered by this oddity because I have a number of friends who are like that. Therefore, I think that IS but normal.
(7) I can be maarte, sosyal, simple, bakya, slave, senorita, etc. Which ever is applicable. But my natural state is simple. I hardly wear make-ups and I’m most comfortable wearing tees, denim, and sneakers.
(8) I love to eat but I’m not very fond of cooking. I survive (and now spending more time) in the kitchen though.
(9) My favorite house chore is ironing clothes. It’s challenging. Every fabric needs an art to get straightened. It’s like dealing with people and other circumstances.
(10) My fondest childhood memory is being hugged by my grandmother while she tells me different stories. The most cherished hugs were whenever I’m sick. She hugs me to give me warmth when I’m chilling. In a baby talk like, I’d say, “Baka mahawa ka”. She’d respond, “Share tayo sa lagnat mo.”
I’m passing this award to the following:
Upto6only – A friend/former officemate who is a newbie in blogging. I find her efforts as a new blogger admirable. I’m especially enjoying her photos.
Sheng – I’ve seen how her blog bloomed and continues to bloom. Her entries are good to read.
Jeanny – I particularly enjoy her cooking-related entries. I admire her continuous search for new recipes and sharing such to her readers after trying these.
BlogusVox – His entries are always a witty read. And the cartoons are the best!
Bursky – I find his random babblings really amusing.
Kayni – One of the blogs that I visit regularly. I’ve told her this more than once, I admire the way she writes. It’s immensely coming from the heart.
Angeli – Though I don’t always leave a comment in her entries, I frequent her site because her writing is intelligent and gets me to real thinking.