Mc Arabia and some

mc arabia

Since Mc Donald’s branches/franchise in UAE are not serving rice meals, I’m only frequenting it to coin Mc Sugoi Meal (my own version of combo of tuna salad from Mc Donald’s and California Makki from Sugoi). But now there’s another reason to patronize it. Mc Arabia Chicken saved the day.

Instead of being served with the usual Mc Donald’s bread, Mc Arabia comes in an Arabic flat bread. Which is thinner and softer (but more filling). There are two chicken patties and generous vegetable dressing inside it. These are lightly grilled that makes it more delicious than the normal chicken sandwich. No wonder it’s priced 50% more than the other burgers/sandwiches in Mc Donald’s.

grilled

The meal also comes with our old favorite french fries. I am not a fan of ketchup, I prefer salt with it or garlic mayonnaise whenever available. But after reading Mitch’s entry, I wanted to validate the ketchup theory. I knew that would be fun.

ketchup

You notice the number indicated in the lowest portion of ketchup? As shown above, I got numbers 10, 9 and 6. As the number is increased, the ketchup’s taste changes from sweet (number 1) to sour.

On the other hand, I was wrong in my prediction that the fruit bites they offer will be phased out soon. When I tried it last year, I was betting that the so-called fresh fruit bites packaged by Del Monte for Mc Donald’s won’t be marketable. Well, it’s not just a hype. But it surprised me that there are those who prefer to pay for this junk food to buying real fresh fruits which are readily available in the supermarkets.

mc do fruit bites

And if you’re a Filipino, I’m sure the “Love Ko ‘To” print on the paper bag and cups would make you smile.

love ko 'to

Share/Save/Bookmark

50 comments for “Mc Arabia and some

1. March 31, 2009 at 4:41 am

yummie! i love wraps! and i really miss eating Khoubiz (Arab flat bread)…i remember growing up in Saudi eating that (w/ garlic dip) and shawarmah…

2. March 31, 2009 at 5:14 am

That McArabia Chicken looks good. I’m fond of wraps too. When we go to the grocery, I always buy a chicken wrap and eat in on the way home. :)

I read about the number on the ketchup packets too. Interesting!

It’s nice to see Love Ko To.

3. PM
    March 31, 2009 at 5:20 am

oh wow this is so cool! sana may ganiyan din products dito sa RP! yang wrap, parang bagong product ng KFC yung meltz, may KFC ba diyan? and eys, i do love that love ko to sign!

PMs last blog post..A Summer Day Tale

4. kg
    March 31, 2009 at 6:50 am

when you get used to the McDo in the Philippines, McDo elsewhere would pale in comparison [i think the most basic reason is no rice!].

and yes, I know the feeling of seeing “love ko to” on the McDO papers in other countries. kakatuwa. [i took a pic pa nga when we were in Europe.]

5. March 31, 2009 at 7:59 am

hehehe we tried the ketsup tasting to here in the office since they still did not know that yet and they were all surprise about it upon discovering the taste of the catsup as the number decreases :)

the wrap seems good. I dont usually eat wraps unless i go to KFC.

6. March 31, 2009 at 9:46 am

i am not that adventurous when it comes to food esp with the arabic food. but since you’ve got good reviews about it, maybe i’ll try the McArabia one of these days. may McDo naman sa harap ng flat namin, di ko nga lang masyadong pinapansin. hehe..

7. March 31, 2009 at 11:11 am

I never knew that about ketchup, and i always eat my french fries with them, i would have to look if the same applies here.

kreezs last blog post..Early mornings, new beginnings

8. March 31, 2009 at 11:56 am

it’s really cool how mcdonalds alters its product line to adapt to the culture and taste buds of the country they’re at. but then they won’t have a market if they don’t diba?

Angelis last blog post..Funky

9. March 31, 2009 at 2:53 pm

this post just sealed my decision to have lunch at McDo. i think this is one reason why McDonalds is such a worldwide enterprise. it’s because the company caters to the needs and wants of each country. here, it caters to every State. in hawaii alone, McDonalds serves taro pie, spam and rice, and portuguese sausage.

10. March 31, 2009 at 11:45 pm

Mc Arabia, now that’s a catchy name. Wraps are yummy and very easy to eat too. It’s here to stay. I didn’t realized that one-time ketchup packets vary in sweetness/taste. I have to check the ones in McDonald’s here to confirm this.

Photo Caches last blog post..Valley of Fire 10 —Petroglyphs

11. April 1, 2009 at 12:07 am

That McArabia sure looks delicious! As you know, I don’t eat burgers (beef in general), so that chicken burger is a winner for me. And those catsup choices are so thoughtful. Customers get to choose which variety they like!

12. April 1, 2009 at 3:29 am

hmmm the grilled flat bread looks so yummy! id love to tase thse sumptuous-looking treats! take care!

sunnys last blog post..Ba de ya – say do you remember…

13. April 1, 2009 at 4:59 am

ay I love wraps. Kaya madalas ako sa kfc at tokyo tokyo :)

Wish they have that here :)

jeannys last blog post..Winter Melon cake

14. April 1, 2009 at 6:27 am

gusto ko rin yung mc arabia…

dito sa kuwait lahat ng branches ng mcdo, yung kompanya namin ang gumagawa,sister company kasi ang may-ari dito.

evers last blog post..yakap

15. April 1, 2009 at 5:46 pm

looks like a chicken pita sandwich!

it’s cool to see the international incarnations of the golden arch! :)

16. April 1, 2009 at 7:54 pm

Just stumbled upon your blog through other people’s blog. I’m sure glad I did, because I like what I see and read. Mind if I hang around here for a bit?

By the way, I’m a Filipino-Canadian travel blogger from T dot O (Toronto).

17. cza
    April 2, 2009 at 3:59 am

wow.. the McArabia looks delish.. I wish they had that here too. I would love to try it out. :)

czas last blog post..Comfort Food minus the guilt… Yey!

18. April 2, 2009 at 5:40 am

hehe, I learned something today. I knew about the numbers in the ketchup but never bothered to find out what it stands for. Thanks Ms.Jo. : )

BlogusVoxs last blog post..Bato-bato Sa Langit… (Sn 3)

19. April 2, 2009 at 1:30 pm

This really makes me wish we had more variety sa mga McDonalds’ sa Pinas. I doubt this is feasible, but it’d be awesome if McDo shuffled their unique entree’s between countries. You know, like McArabia gets served in the Phil for 3 months, while UAE gets Burger McDo. Ay, lugi sila no? :D

Garandos last blog post..April Fail!

20. April 3, 2009 at 5:24 am

jo! its similar to mcdo in istanbul! ;-) but your pics make them look really, really good ;-)

caryns last blog post..the taste of spring

21. April 3, 2009 at 8:53 am

Oh, that looks good. Only, we don’t have that here. What we do have is that rather weird Rice Burger.

katcarneos last blog post..Rara, Lala, and Children’s Books

22. April 3, 2009 at 9:57 am

wraps in mcarabia meals. nice. i like the love ko to line there. buti at isinama nila yon.

dong hos last blog post..cagbalete flat rocks

23. April 4, 2009 at 3:15 am

I have a girlfriend in Jakarta who is shocked when I tell her that McDo does not serve spaghetti and fried chicken in America. The McArabia looks delicious, but I do not plan on seeing it here (in California) anytime soon.

Keiths last blog post..While waiting for AAA…

24. bw
    April 5, 2009 at 12:43 pm

we have Mcdo Chicken Wrap here too, slices of chicken wrapped in pita bread. I still prefer the original Arabic bread though. I like the ketchup ratings – that’s really awesome. wish they have it here :)

bws last blog post..Email Blues II – Misrouted Messages

25. April 9, 2009 at 5:43 am

Now I want shawarma! :D

tonis last blog post..Ginisang ampalaya at tokwa (sauteed bitter gourd with tofu)

26. April 5, 2009 at 3:20 pm

They also don’t serve friend chix and spag here. Just burgers, nuggets and salads. Thanks for visiting.

27. April 5, 2009 at 3:21 pm

The authentic Arabic bread is really more delicious.

28. April 5, 2009 at 3:33 pm

Wow, I wish to visit Turkey someday.

29. April 5, 2009 at 3:35 pm

I was still there when rice burger was introduced. I just realized I’ve never tried that yet.

30. April 5, 2009 at 3:35 pm

Nakakatuwa no? Represented ang Pilipinas.

31. April 5, 2009 at 3:57 pm

Naaappreciate ko na yung garlic dip. Minsan mas gusto ko na yung Arabic bread kesa tasty. Pero wala pa ring tatalo sa pandesal. Kaya lang wala nun dito.

32. April 5, 2009 at 3:59 pm

When I was still there I liked the shawarma being sold near SM Megamall’s supermarket. I also liked the wraps from KFC.

33. April 5, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Yes, there’s KFC here. But I don’t like their offers. Masyadong dry. Mataas ang standard ko eh, original recipe ng KFC Philippines. Lol. Masarap dito yung Popeyes and Taza.

34. April 5, 2009 at 4:03 pm

Naalala ko nung bago pa ko dito. As in paranag hindi ako nabubusog pag walang rice.

35. April 5, 2009 at 4:06 pm

I found it a little weird while doing the ketchup test. As in binuksan ko isa isa saka ko tinikman, with matching overacting facial expression. Heehee.

36. April 5, 2009 at 4:08 pm

So, have you tried the Mc Arabia?

37. April 5, 2009 at 4:10 pm

I learned about it from a blogger, too.

38. April 5, 2009 at 4:13 pm

That’s why it is everywhere. I hope Jollibee will be, too. In the future.

39. April 5, 2009 at 4:15 pm

Never a week passes that I don’t have spam and rice for breakfast. Portuguese sausage sounds good.

40. April 5, 2009 at 4:18 pm

I agree, it’s a catchy name. Thanks to blogging I learned about the variation in ketchup taste.

41. April 5, 2009 at 4:19 pm

I’m not fan of beef, too. Burgers, in general. Finally I found my match in Mc Do.

42. April 5, 2009 at 4:21 pm

That it is grilled makes it tastier. Thanks, Sunny.

43. April 5, 2009 at 4:22 pm

Uy, just the mention of it made me miss Tokyo Tokyo! Especially the branch in People Support Building.

44. April 5, 2009 at 4:23 pm

Wow, may discount ba?

45. April 5, 2009 at 4:26 pm

Would you believe I liked the chicken pita from Texas? Does it still exist there?

46. April 5, 2009 at 4:28 pm

I’ll send you virtual burgers. Lol. Parang facebook.

47. April 5, 2009 at 4:30 pm

I noticed the numbers, too, several years na. Ewan ko ba hindi man lang ako nagtaka kung para san yun. Heehee.

48. April 5, 2009 at 4:33 pm

That’s a good idea. I hope though we can control its marketability. I’d like to have spaghetti be introduced here.

49. April 5, 2009 at 4:34 pm