Club Manila East

cme 10

(Kayaking is fun. The colorful roofs you see are those on the cavanas/cottage, which names/labels are based on the towns in Laguna and Rizal.)

One of the occasions wherein I am green with envy due to not working in the Philippines is the (frequent) long weekend there. Holiday economics, come to UAE! ;) Ours are primarily attributable to a couple of Eids. In celebration of Al Fitr Eid, 21st of September was declared as a special holiday in the Philippines. Where were you during the long break?

cme 4

If you happened to be in Club Manila East that day, we probably saw each other. For my whirlwind trip, we thought this kind of outing would be one of the easier means to gather and bond. I really appreciate that though it was such a short notice, they all came. Especially this cousin whom we’ve not seen for a long time. Before my flight, I learned through her status update in Facebook that she was in Cebu for a work-related activity. I had to precondition her scheduling that she should be Manila during the weekend, without giving her/anybody a hint that I was coming.

cme 2

(It took me ages to finish sliding. I didn’t get the proper position for a smooth slide.)

I exchanged a few emails with Jeanny, too, as I had to validate how strict is CME’s swimwear requirement (as disclosed in the website) as she went there recently. She sensed that I was vacationing, but denied it and claimed that I was inquiring for relatives. Well, we successfully persuaded the grannies, errr, elders to wear proper swimswear (though we later noticed that a few were wearing non-cotton shirts and shorts, but too few that they looked like they do not belong. Lol.)

cme 8

We really were glad that we pushed through with trying CME for the first time. To test new waters aside from the resorts in Los Banos and Calamba. We absolutely enjoyed kayaking (me, especially who tried it several times) and the wave pool (better than 8 Waves Water Park, compared with my 2006 visit).

cme 7

In the afternoon, I spent a considerable amount of time letting the waves splashed me. It felt like being massaged. To the extent that I was already playing with and chasing it.

When I woke up the next day, my body felt like it was ran over by a heavy truck. No wonder, consider the kayaking that I did, too. :-D

Club Manila East
Km. 24 Manila East Road Taytay, Rizal
1920 Philippines
Tel.: (632) 660-2801 to 02; 284-4740 to 41; 284-4736
284-4754; 284-4758; 284-4768 to 69
Fax: (632) 286-6139 or 660-2806
Email: info@clubmanilaeast.com
Entrace fee and accommodation rates
Surfing course
Swimming pool rules
Location map

Share/Save/Bookmark

21 comments for “Club Manila East

1. November 2, 2009 at 10:48 am

never ko pa na experience ang kayaking na yan. It looks fun nga
    .-= redlan´s last blog ..CASPER AND FRIENDS =-.

2. November 2, 2009 at 12:34 pm

i know CME; we’ve been here few times before – 2x with family and the other one was for a wedding that my wife attended as a sponsor. other than kayaking and ‘surfing’ with those artificial waves, there are also water bikes that can be rented… i just hope CME wasn’t devastated by the recent typhoons that slammed its area.
    .-= docgelo´s last blog ..TRICK OR TREATING 2009 =-.

3. November 2, 2009 at 1:55 pm

never been to CME though the water in the wave pool seems clean and blue than in 8 waves.
    .-= upto6only´s last blog ..PHOTOHUNT: Bags =-.

4. November 2, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Wow, that looks like good fun! :D Great photos.
    .-= Sinta´s last blog ..Halloween =-.

5. November 2, 2009 at 3:53 pm

I haven’t been to CME. My friends went there a few times but for some reason, my scheds didn’t match theirs. The wave pool looks like a lot of fun!
    .-= dyosa´s last blog ..I WENT ALL THE WAY WITH MY NEWEST FLING =-.

6. November 2, 2009 at 5:12 pm

wow, they let people kayak in the pools? how unique!

i’ve only been to 9 waves in san mateo, rizal. :P
    .-= fortuitous faery´s last blog ..Eat, Pray, Love For All Souls =-.

7. November 2, 2009 at 5:25 pm

we were supposed to go there last april kaya lang ang layo pala haha. kaya napadpad kami sa may antipolo hihi :P
    .-= dyanie´s last blog ..Classic + New at Max’s =-.

8. bw
    November 2, 2009 at 6:59 pm

wonderful and colorful :) Dang, this makes me miss summer big time ugh :( We’re in jacket mode nowadays here ;)
    .-= bw´s last blog ..The Illusion of Ownership =-.

9. kg
    November 2, 2009 at 10:23 pm

grabe, mukhang talbog na talbog na ang splash island! he! he! ang ganda nga ng pool!
    .-= kg´s last blog ..Basking in nature =-.

10. eks
    November 3, 2009 at 12:16 am

we were here a few months ago. :-) nice place.
    .-= eks´s last blog ..1, 2, 3! Say Chiz! =-.

11. cza
    November 3, 2009 at 1:03 am

wow waves.. we had our company team building here a few years ago.. wala pang waves though. =\ Super nice pics! :D
    .-= cza´s last blog ..Dimsum Day =-.

12. November 3, 2009 at 3:40 am

lovely place, if only i had lotsa time, i could have considered visiting this place too.

13. November 3, 2009 at 9:25 am

the colors are vivid… CME… May surfing na din daw.. hmmm kelan kaya ako makakabalik
    .-= aLine´s last blog ..Malibu Beach, California =-.

14. November 3, 2009 at 7:27 pm

It’s funny. We’re very near Taytay but we haven’t gone to that place yet. Sige on my next vacay, we’ll venture CME. (Ung link mo on entrance fees is with 8waves, not CME). Your photos are so clear and enticing.
    .-= Nebz´s last blog ..Pasta de Nebz =-.

• witsandnuts
      November 4, 2009 at 1:52 am

Noted. I already corrected the link. Thanks. =)

15. ntotskie
    March 4, 2010 at 9:13 am

The place is ok… There’s just two things I DON”T LIKE about CME Taytay. First, the food sucks. They dont allow guest to bring food, but their foodcourt doesn’t have much food choices. Chowking, jolibee,and shakeys outlets??? WTF..Chowking serves only 2 kinds of meal…. Second, the slide sucks as well. You have to push yourself! I was thinking i may be too heavy haha, but everybody else is stupidly pushing themselves along the slide too.. LOL

16. March 20, 2010 at 8:27 am

ang ganda dito sobra nag enjoy kami sobra lalo na sa slides grabe ang saya kaya dapat ngayong summer dito na kau pumunta 350 lang ang entrance

17. Joey Rosales
    May 4, 2010 at 8:24 am

CME are great to spend with your family,badtrip lang mga foods!!! But my children are happy when we went there last saturday!!!

18. Marlon Magbag
    June 21, 2011 at 1:37 am

Worst experience. Someone broke inside our room while me and my family were swimming. Before leaving the room, we made sure that the doors were locked, both from the ajoining door connecting the other room and the main door. When we went back, my camera bag including lenses are missing including my wife’s iPhone. We were only thankful that only these things were taken, but what if my kids are inside the room and someone broke in. Who knows what might happen.

I wouldn’t recommend Club Manila East, especially if you have with you your cameras or some gadgets. Security in the area is very poor. The only security we saw is in the main entrance. In the area where overnight accommodation is, there are no security in sight. This happened June 18, 2011.

19. aerdna13
    July 29, 2011 at 2:34 am

ganda ganda nman d2
    relaXING

20. ailene
    August 3, 2011 at 4:01 am

We’ve been there 3years ago for my Mom’s 50th birthday, everyone had a great time… off peak season kase, so we enjoyed it!
    I agree that the food is not as good at its price, buti na lng we have some food in our car.
    but as a whole everyone is happy…